Aspen is even more accessible as a mountain getaway during the Secret Season – from mid-May through mid-June- with rates starting as low as $109/night exclusively for Colorado residents. The Colorado resident offers represent a savings as much as 40% and are available from various lodges from May through June 2015. At an elevation of 7,820 feet, spring arrives earlier in Aspen than many other mountain towns. Aspen’s Secret Season runs from mid-May through mid-June when spring bursts into summer, Aspen trees leaf into brilliant green, rivers and streams peak with spring runoff thrilling rafters, kayakers and SUP aficionados, and cyclists, mountain bikers and hikers hit the trails and roads. Highlights during the Secret Season in Aspen include: The 21st annual Ride for the Pass, May 16; Aspen Eco Fest, June 6-7; Snowmass Mammoth Fest, June 12-14; and Aspen Gran Fondo, June 13.
The following properties are offering Colorado rates during the Secret Season:
- Aspen Meadows Resort: $109/night, May 2- June 5.
- Aspen Square Condominium Hotel: $159/night, May 22-June 14.
- Hotel Jerome: $195/night, May 28-June 11.
- Limelight Hotel: $145/night standard and deluxe rooms, 20% off other room types, April 1-June 24.
- The Little Nell: $179/night town side rooms, 40% off other room types, May 14- June 24
- The Residences at The Little Nell: $179/night regular courtyard rooms and lock-offs, 40% off other rooms and residences,April 1- June 24
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort: $279/night, May 14- June 17