For six consecutive weekends beginning August 7, Sunset , the premier guide to living in the West, will open the doors of its Denver Idea House. Working with the design team at Design Platform led by Jonas DiCaprio, and interior designer Megan Hudacky of cky designs, Sunset has transformed an iconic 1954 mid-century brick ranch-style home into a two-story 5,100-square-foot re-imagined modern home. The five-bedroom, six-bath Hilltop neighborhood property will be featured in the November 2015 issue of Sunset magazine and on Sunset.com. Go to www.sunset.com/ideahouse for more information and to purchase tickets to the Denver Idea House open houses. With an updated, open main floor layout that reflects a modern Western lifestyle, the 2015 Denver Idea House will retain its original mid-century cool while expanding living space and creating an indoor/outdoor living experience ideal for Denver’s climate. Highlights of the remodel include:
- Opening the back of the house to the yard to create an indoor and outdoor kitchen with adjacent dining.
- An expansive rooftop deck over the original 1950’s garage structure.
- Custom designed and built mid-century style built-ins and cabinetry.
- A second floor addition with three expansive bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, including the master suite with private sitting area.
- August 7 – 9, Friday – Sunday;
- August 14 – 16, Friday – Sunday;
- August 21 – 23, Friday – Sunday;
- August 28 – 30, Friday – Sunday;
- September 4 – 6, Friday – Sunday;
- September 11 – 13, Friday – Sunday.